About St Mary’s Primary School
A bit of historyThe Old School House was built in the 17th century to provide education for those who could pay for it. The school remained until the present one was built in 1865.
The Old School House then became a shop and bakery before becoming a private dwelling. The land upon which the present school was built was granted by William Willoughby George Hurt Sitwell in 1865. The first Schoolmaster to be appointed to the new St Mary’s National School in 1867, was a 24 years old gentleman named Mr Henry Evans
The Blue Hills Federation
Click the logos above to visit our federated partners
This is a fantastic opportunity for all of the children, staff, parents and communities to come together to ensure that rural education is maintained in its communities and is stimulating, creative and an opportunity to give children a variety of learning experiences.
A map is shown below - there is adequate parking for visitors adjacent to the school.